Community Action for Social Justice is a not-for-profit organization that fosters improved health and quality-of-life for Long Islanders impacted by drug use, incarceration, homelessness, and chronic disease through participant-centered services and policy advocacy to reduce broader social and structural barriers.
601 Veterans Memorial Hwy
Hauppauge, NY 11788 US
2. We will ask you a few questions to determine the type and quantity of syringes you need.
3. We will meet with you at a time and location convenient for you. We usually go to participants’ homes, but we can meet wherever you are most comfortable.
4. Enrollment will take at least 20 minutes and includes:
– Establishing anonymous ID code and issuing program card (demonstrates that you can legally possess new and used syringes);
– Brief risk assessment and education;
– Overdose prevention training and naloxone (Narcan); and
– Provision of syringes, safer injection supplies, sharps containers, and condoms.
5. If you would like any additional services (HIV/hepatitis C/STI testing, detox, treatment, medical or mental health care, insurance enrollment, etc), we can provide resources, referrals, and transportation through the TORCH program.